An Artist in the making . . . Day by Day

My photo
I'm just a southern girl at heart. So, Hey ya'll and Welcome! I hope you find something beautiful here and hope your visit is interesting. If you like what you see here or simply want to check out more of my creations. See my store at www.carolynsalinas.etsy.com I think that's all I want to say for now, except, Ya'll Come Back Real Soon Now, Ya Hear!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meditation Cove

http://www.carolynsalinas.etsy.com/
A Midwest Artist's Interpretation of the Landscape

Title: Meditation Cove
Acrylic Painting, 8" x 6" (20.3 x 15.2 cm) canvas board
by: Carolyn M Salinas

This is an acrylic painting of a small cove on a large fishing lake here in Indiana.

You'll notice I don't usually include people in my paintings, which is a common element of my scenes. Even though there are always people around and sometimes involved in the scenes I decide to paint. But my finished piece doesn't include them. I love the idea of communing with nature and although I know most of us have plenty of human contact in our busy lives. It seems to me there's always more "quiet time" needed for each of us to allow the excess "clatter & chatter" around to disipate away from our internal environment. We always are in need of some quiet rest within. This was a scene I painted trying to capture that.........sigh of relief.........a moment in time....in a place...that was quiet.

I always enjoy viewing this scene.

I welcome your comments and critiques.

Thanks, Carolyn

*Note:
This painting is not yet listed at my Etsy site at this time. But should be in the near future.

Etsy: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade
http://www.carolynsalinas.etsy.com/

Followers

Labels

Gift for visiting BLOG,

If you ever get the chance to visit me at a display show you'll be able to pick-up the free offers, which I readily have available for everyone who stops by. But for now, sign-up as a follower and Receive this gift. Enjoy!