An Artist in the making . . . Day by Day

My photo
I'm just a southern girl at heart. So, Hey ya'll and Welcome! I hope you find something beautiful here and hope your visit is interesting. If you like what you see here or simply want to check out more of my creations. See my store at www.carolynsalinas.etsy.com I think that's all I want to say for now, except, Ya'll Come Back Real Soon Now, Ya Hear!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Folks are asking me where do you get your ideas.  I usually reply there around us everyday.  They usually shake their heads in disbelief saying something like, "Well, I don't see things the way you do".  But I'll disagree. Because I think the only difference is not what we see or if we see.  It's simply lots of folks just don't respond and try to translate what they see into a physical form....ART.

Now, look at these 3 shots.  
This was captured yesterday morning around 6:30am on my way out of town to an appointment.  You know I'm gonna have to get my paints out and try to recreate these colors and the shadows of the clouds.  You see, it's not my idea.  It's not my inspiration.  This same sky is over all of us each.  I simply feel a need to experiment and "try" to recreate the view with my paints.

Now, here's another painting I've just started Wednesday 6/9/2010.  I set-up my easel and be the painting on-site at the Antique & Crafts Hall where my little shop is located.  I'm in the process of lining up my space there with my online shoppe so the two shall be the same just their location is different.

You can just see the beginnings of a 
Yellow Brick Road.  Yes, a yellow brick road...this is going to be a whimsical sort of painting.  
I'm hoping to have a lot of interaction with the shoppers browsing through the Hall.  

Well, you can see it's taking shape after another day's session.  I have plans of working on-site again at the Hall.  I also plan on putting the finishing touches on the 100 ACEO's that I listed here a few weeks ago.  So I should have some updated and completed photos to display here the next time I post.

Followers

Labels

Gift for visiting BLOG,

If you ever get the chance to visit me at a display show you'll be able to pick-up the free offers, which I readily have available for everyone who stops by. But for now, sign-up as a follower and Receive this gift. Enjoy!